Health Insurance in Greece
Private Medical and Hospital
From Stavros Sideris Insurance
You have arrived at the page to apply for Private Medical, Health and Hospital Insurance in Greece. Before you complete the form below for Health and Hospital Cover, please keep in mind the following before you ask for a quote for Medical Insurance in Greece
- 1. One of the issues you need to be aware of is that Greek insurers require at least 10 years participation in the health plans, prior to age 60 in order for the insured to keep the policy for a lifetime. Otherwise the plans terminate at age 70.
- 2. This is not bad news for individuals who are retiring from an E.U. member state, because at age 60 or 65 they can join the state insurance in Greece. According to Idrima Kinonikon Asfalisseon, IKA – the state insurance office – EU retirees pay a percentage of their pension and they receive medical (inpatient, outpatient, medicine, doctor’s visit, etc) insurance through the state network. For more information you can visit the IKA ( Idrima Kinonikon Asfalisseon) website – www.ika.gr.
Web site Summary in English
- 3. Please keep in mind that any other quotes you might have from other insurers, might have the same max amount for hospitalization but there will have individual restricting amounts for doctors and anaesthesiologists payouts even if the hospitalization is in accredited hospitals!!!
- 4. One thing to remember is that pre existing conditions might change the premiums quoted or in certain circumstances might exempt the specific condition and its implications from the medical plans offered cover. The underwriters in certain circumstances can refuse to offer cover in case certain medical conditions exist prior to the policys commencement.
Medical Insurance in Greece
Please note that Medical Insurance insurance in Greece aims to cover the medical expenses incurred due to illness after admittance to a hospital. Some plans can cover outpatient services and doctors appointments. Most of the plans offer a generous upper limit of medical expenses per annum with an excess (deductible) amount.
Greek Insurers need to know the following information necessary to calculate a Private Health and Hospital quote. Please include it in your online request it helps us help you:
- 1. The individuals' date of birth and sex
- 2. Existing health conditions - detailed description - medication in effect
- 3. Your previous health insurer
- 4. Your employment status/retired
- 5. Type of industry/profession or otherwise, you work in
- 6. Number of dependents - their dates of birth and sex
- 7. What type of cover is required - e.g. hospital cover, outpatient cover, etc
- 8. Is it required in connection with an application for residency in Greece? Some plans are not accepted by the Greek police who are responsible for issuing permits.
Be Prepared! When you have chosen the quote that suits your needs and you are ready to proceed with insurance coverage - the insurer will require of you the following information:
- Your Greek Tax Registration Number and Tax Office (AFM)
- A copy of the insured's medical history issued from their family doctor
- A correspondence address in Greece
- A contact address either in Greece or in your home country
- A contact phone number in Greece and in your home country
TO REQUEST PRIVATE MEDICAL HEALTH AND HOSPITAL INSURANCE QUOTATION
Please be specific and give the required details to help Stavros focus on getting you the correct information. All fields in the form are required.
For Another Quotation -
Brits in Crete is pleased to recommend its insurance associate in Greece, the Stavros Sideris Insurance Agency. Stavros who heads the firm offers a wide range of policies suitable for the foreign community all over Greece. Brits in Crete recommends Stavros, as a reliable and trusted partner who has many types of insurance policies to offer. Stavros, a fluent English speaker knows UK and the United States personally very well.
Stavros's agency network of local offices covers the whole of Crete. Stavros can help you personally. He has back up support locally across Crete (from Chania/Hania to Lasithi) and across Greece proper. All the associates are also English speakers, who know the needs of Ex-Pats. Stavros in the initial instance will contact you personally once you have completed the online contact form.
Stavros Sideris CV Credentials
Stavros Sideris has had US, UK and Greek actuarial experience. Stavros graduated from the Ohio State University in 1992, with a degree in Actuarial Sciences and Finance. After completion of his military duties in the Hellenic Navy in 1994, Stavros commenced his career in the Actuarial Department of Interamerican Hellenic Life Insurance Co. moving on to Hewitt-Bacon and Woodrow in London in senior roles associated with UK government contracts. Stavros moved to Boston, MA in 2001 to join Mercer Human Resource Consulting in Boston, providing Actuarial Services for Corporate Group Pension Schemes. In March of 2004, Stavros moved to join his family insurance agency in Heraklio, Crete, Greece.