Buy Greek vehicle Insurance for
Motor car, Motor Bike, Vehicle Breakdown/Assistance
from Stavros Sideris Insurance
You have arrived at the page to apply for motorcar/motorcycle/breakdown service insurance in Greece. Before you complete the form below for Greek car or motor bike insurance quote, please note what is required:
- 1. The motor car/motorcycle must be registered in Greece and have valid Greek license plate numbers
- 2. The applicant/driver must have a valid E.U. driving license or a valid international driving license (insurers do not issue car insurance policies for periods that are beyond the duration of the international driving license)
- 3. The driver must be 18 years of age or older
- 4. An extra premium applies when the driver has not passed his 25th birthday and/ or the driver has been driving for less than 2 years, as shown on a valid E.U. driving license
- 5. The minimum duration of any vehicle insurance is one month.
Car Insurance in Greece
Car Insurance in Greece is also known formally as Road Assistance Automobile Insurance . Motor Cycle Insurance follows the same prinicples of insurance as Car Insurance. Road Assistance Automobile Insurance is offered with a wide range of benefits ranging from the ones required by the government as minimum Third Party Insurance (Third Party Liability 500.000 Euros bodily injuries and 100.000 Euros property damage) to Fully Comprehensive Insurance which covers damage to each of our own vehicles. Most of the Greek Insurers also provide a motor care service which helps policy owners at the time of the accident.
Greek Insurers need to know the following information necessary to calculate a motor car or motorcycle policy quotation. Please include it in your online request it helps us help you:
- 1. The power of the vehicle (e.g. 1400cc)
- 2. Make and Model of the vehicle/bike
- 3. Year of manufacture
- 4. Purchase date of the vehicle/bike
- 5. Purchase price of the vehicle/bike
- 6. a) Indicate whether comprehensive insurance is required (the car or bike must be 5 years old or less, with minimum market value of €5.000 and pass an insurance inspection)
6. b)Indicate whether Third Party insurance is required (the car or bike must be KTEO tested with papers (M.O.T. type test every 2 years) and exhaustive fumes tested with papers required)
- 7. The owner's date of birth
- 8. Driving license country of issue
- 9. Driving license date of issue
Be Prepared! When you have chosen the quote that suits your needs and you are ready to proceed to buy insurance coverage - the insurer will require of you the following information:
- Your Greek Tax Registration Number and Tax Office (AFM)
- A copy of the vehicle's documentation ("Adeia" in Greek)
- A copy of your driving license
- A correspondence address in Greece
- A contact address either in Greece or in your home country
- A contact phone number in Greece and in your home country
- A copy of a document to show your previous No Claims Bonus Record (to your advantage) in your home country or Greece
For Another Quotation -
Brits in Crete is pleased to recommend its insurance associate in Greece, the Stavros Sideris Insurance Agency. Stavros who heads the firm offers a wide range of policies suitable for the foreign community all over Greece. Brits in Crete recommends Stavros, as a reliable and trusted partner who has many types of insurance policies to offer. Stavros, a fluent English speaker knows UK and the United States personally very well.
Stavros's agency network of local offices covers the whole of Crete. Stavros can help you personally. He has back up support locally across Crete (from Chania/Hania to Lasithi) and across Greece proper. All the associates are also English speakers, who know the needs of Ex-Pats. Stavros in the initial instance will contact you personally once you have completed the online contact form.
Stavros Sideris CV Credentials
Stavros Sideris has had US, UK and Greek actuarial experience. Stavros graduated from the Ohio State University in 1992, with a degree in Actuarial Sciences and Finance. After completion of his military duties in the Hellenic Navy in 1994, Stavros commenced his career in the Actuarial Department of Interamerican Hellenic Life Insurance Co. moving on to Hewitt-Bacon and Woodrow in London in senior roles associated with UK government contracts. Stavros moved to Boston, MA in 2001 to join Mercer Human Resource Consulting in Boston, providing Actuarial Services for Corporate Group Pension Schemes. In March of 2004, Stavros moved to join his family insurance agency in Heraklio, Crete, Greece.